OS/2 Port

Brian Havard brianh at kheldar.apana.org.au
Wed Jun 14 00:09:54 CEST 2000

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000 13:34:11 +0200, Werner Koch wrote:

>On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Brian Havard wrote:
>
>> PS
>> Shouldn't messages from this list have their Reply-To: set to go back to
>> the list?
>
>http://garcon.unicom.com/FAQ/reply-to-harmful.html

These arguments are really bogus. All the other mailing lists I'm involved
with DO set the Reply-To field and it's never been a problem. Maybe it's
because my mailer has this super-advanced feature where if From != Reply-To
it offers the choice of which to send to. When I use the group reply
function the sender gets 2 copies, 1 direct & 1 via the list, wasting his &
my bandwidth.

Anyway, this probably isn't the right forum to have this argument. I just
want to point out it's not as clear cut as you seem to think.