Clearsigning (again)

brian moore bem at cmc.net
Thu May 25 16:08:29 CEST 2000

On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 02:39:15PM -0700, brian moore wrote:

> This seems to be contrary to RFC2440:
>
>    Also, any trailing whitespace (spaces, and tabs, 0x09) at the end of
>    any line is ignored when the cleartext signature is calculated.
>
> Spaces at the end of the line -are- ignored correctly.  But tabs are
> not.

Ah, oddly enough I can make it do this -- but I have to specify
'--rfc1991' to do it.

It still strips the \n at the end, and I'm not sure why the --rfc1991 is
needed, since RFC2440 requires it as well...

--
Brian Moore                       | Of course vi is God's editor.
      Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker     | If He used Emacs, He'd still be waiting