Cygwin make/configure settings for GnuPG 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 ?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Nov 15 18:42:41 CET 2000

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Dr. Todd Brennan wrote:

> Then:
> % ./configure i686-pc-cygwin32 --disable-asm \
> > --disable-dynload --enable-static-rnd=linux

STOP.  How do you get entropy?  The last time I looked at cygwin
there was no /dev/linux and even if there is a /dev/linux you should
only use it after you or someone else has verified that it is a
cryptographic sound implementation.

This is a serious problem as a bad RNG may leak out the secret key.

The correct solution would be to use cipher/rndw32.c . I don't know
whether it is possible to use the W32 API under Cygwin.