Porting gnupg to Mac OS X: Problem:"gpg: fatal: idea encryption (0) failed"

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Oct 18 19:06:27 CEST 2000

Hi!

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Dirk Schwarzhans wrote:

> I am currently porting gnupg to Mac OS X/Darwin. After some
> trouble I was finally successful in getting the support for
> dynamically loaded modules to work!

Those modules are not that important, except for IDEA.  I guess you
want to test against pgp 2, so you need it.

> > gpg: NOTE: cipher algorithm 1 not found in preferences

That is okay.  IDEA is not listed in the keys list of cipher
preferences.

> > gpg: fatal: idea encryption (0) failed

ooops: the IDEA selftest failed  on the first textvector (idea.c)

> What went wrong? Does this indicated an error in porting gnupg to
> Mac OS X or has this problem another cause?

Please first try to use one of the default algorithms and test with a
Unix or DOS system against PGP 7 or GPG.  Fixing the IDEA problem
will be easier as soon as you know that everything else works.

Don't hesitate to ask here if you have further problems.  A know
that a lot of folks would like a Mac version.

Werner Koch				GnuPG key:  621CC013
OpenIT GmbH                             http://www.OpenIT.de