gpg-agent

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Sep 1 11:51:48 CEST 2000

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Rich Wales wrote:

> Could I suggest that the gpg-agent should be prepared to cache more
> than one pass phrase (in case a user has two or more secret keys,
> which might have different pass phrases)?

It already caches up to 10 passphrases.  The next passphrases replaces
the LRU one.

> Ideally, the agent program could take the first pass phrase and try
> it automatically on all the secret keys, in case more than one key

Currently it cannot do so, due to the way gpg is implemented.  As soon
as we have moved secret key handling into the agent this can be done.

Werner Koch				GnuPG key:  621CC013
OpenIT GmbH                             http://www.OpenIT.de