DEFECT: Signatures Not Always Deleted

Michael J. Pedersen marvin at keepthetouch.org
Wed Sep 6 14:53:15 CEST 2000

Short description of problem:
When using the delsig routine, signatures are not always totally removed
correctly.

Steps to reproduce:
1) gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 01E74468
2) gpg --edit-key 01E74468
3) At the 'Command> ' prompt, type delsig.
4) The only sig which you should try to delete has keyid 4E98D834
5) save and quit
6) gpg --list-sigs 01E74468

The output from step 6 will show that keyid 4E98D834 is still a signing key,
even though it should have been deleted by the above procedure.

This has happened for me on both empty, and full, keyrings. Unfortunately, due
to another patch which I've been working on for gpg, I don't have a patch for
this bug. However, I do have a feature I'll be submitting a patch for later
today.

I'm not on this list, so please feel free to email me at
marvin at keepthetouch.org

-----
Michael J. Pedersen
Get GnuPG at http://www.gnupg.org
My GnuPG Key Fingerprint: C31C 7E90 5992 9E5E 9A02 233D D8DD 985E 4E72 4A60
My GnuPG Public Key Available At: http://wwwkeys.pgp.net