OpenPGP library?

Timo Schulz twoaday at freakmail.de
Fri Aug 24 14:09:01 CEST 2001

On Fri Aug 24 2001, Len Sassaman wrote:

Hi,

> There's been talk about putting OpenPGP functionality into OpenSSL.
>
> Interested in working on that?

FYI, I currently work on a basic OpenPGP libraray. Currently it only
supports simple packet parsing, some key management and to verify file
signatures. But the aim should be to provide a library for the basic
OpenPGP operations (encrypt, decrypt, sign and verify). I do NOT want
to replace GPG or any other OpenPGP implementation, but in some
situations, for example were high performance is needed, a library
should make sense to me.

For all crypto code the library uses the gcrypt library. I used
the library because this code was part of GPG for a long time
and so it should be much more analyzed.

Timo

--
"Die Musik drückt das aus, was nicht gesagt werden kann und
worüber zu schweigen unmöglich ist." -- Victor Hugo