gpg roadmap

Marcus Brinkmann Marcus.Brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Dec 14 21:09:02 CET 2001

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 08:15:36PM +0100, Stephane Corthesy wrote:
> > > I'd like to know if there is a roadmap for the development of gpg
> > > and gpgme: when can we expect which features? I've read the TODOs,
> > > but there are no dates...
> >
> > Are you looking for something in particular?
>
> Yes. I'm working in the MacGPG group; we wrote an ObjC wrapper
> around gpgme, and we would like to write a key manager application on
> MacOS X; it would be nice if we could continue to wrap gpgme calls
> in ObjC for this :-) instead of parsing gpg output as well as feeding
> its stdin...
> I have ObjC skills, but no plain C style skills.

Interesting, however, I am not sure.  Key management seems to be quite
different in gpgsm, there is a new keybox library.  So maybe there is
something else to come along than gpgme for key management.

> When will gpg 1.1 be released? And gpgme 0.3? How's the gpg agent?

gpgme 0.3 will be released at the weekend, if everything goes well.  This is
mostly a release for the Aegypten project, but I will also make the changes
discussed in the last two or so weeks on this list.

If you have any wishlist items for gpgme, be concrete.  The more detailed
you express what you need the better we can talk about it.

Thanks,
Marcus

--
`Rhubarb is no Egyptian god.' Debian http://www.debian.org brinkmd at debian.org