pgp as a C programming library in Linux?

Tie Kan tie.kan at insignis.com
Tue Dec 18 21:58:02 CET 2001

Exactly as you said, if I get a fresh copy from cvs and go through all
the installation steps until 'make check', all tests are passed with
flying color ...

For whoever might be interested, to get a working copy of gpgme from
cvs, following these steps:

1. Making sure you have the following tools installed before hand
	(mandatory):

	gpg-1.0.6
	libtool-1.4.2
	autoconf-2.52
	automake-1.5

2. Get source file from CVS repository:

	cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.gnupg.org:/cvs/gnupg login
	(password 'anoncvs')
	cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anoncvs at cvs.gnupg.org:/cvs/gnupg checkout
gpgme

3. change to gpgme directory

	cd gpgme

4. Run the following command in sequence

	./autogen.sh
	./configure --prefix=/usr
	make
	make check
	make install

These should give you a working copy of gpgme. At least it works for me
(using redhat linux).

Tie Kan

> 'make check' gives the following results (I add the numeric at the
front
> to count number of instances):
>
> 	1.  PASS: t-encrypt
> 	2.  FAIL: t-sign
> 	3.  FAIL: t-signers
> 	4.  FAIL: t-decrypt
> 	5.  PASS: t-verify
> 	6.  FAIL: t-decrypt-verify
> 	7.  PASS: t-keylist
> 	8.  PASS: t-export
> 	9.  PASS: t-import
> 	10. PASS: t-trustlist
>
> 	4 tests out of 10 failed.
>
> I am not really concerned with this problem. Rather, I'll spend a lot
of
> time trying to understand gpgme.

I see this sometimes, but it doesn't seem to be reproducible.  Esp, I
see
this when I do funny things, like configuring in the source tree and in
subdirectory (after a make distclean).  Something very strange must go
on.
Usually starting with a fresh copy of the CVS repository works for me.
Can
you try if this fixes it for you?

Thanks,
Marcus