pgp as a C programming library in Linux?

Marcus Brinkmann Marcus.Brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Dec 18 21:32:01 CET 2001

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 02:23:36PM -0600, Tie Kan wrote:
> Thanks for your advice.
>
> I have libtool-1.3.5 installed and that is what causing all the grief.
>
> After I installed libtool-1.4.2, everything works great.
>
> I do think it will be of tremendous help to new comer like me if
> './autogen.sh' also checks for the version of 'libtool' and if it is an
> old version, it throws an error like it does with 'autoconf' and
> 'automake'.

Sure.  You are the first one to find out that libtool 1.3.x doesn't work :)
I will add the requriement.

> Just another thing that you might be interested ...
>
> 'make check' gives the following results (I add the numeric at the front
> to count number of instances):
>
> 	1.  PASS: t-encrypt
> 	2.  FAIL: t-sign
> 	3.  FAIL: t-signers
> 	4.  FAIL: t-decrypt
> 	5.  PASS: t-verify
> 	6.  FAIL: t-decrypt-verify
> 	7.  PASS: t-keylist
> 	8.  PASS: t-export
> 	9.  PASS: t-import
> 	10. PASS: t-trustlist
>
> 	4 tests out of 10 failed.
>
> I am not really concerned with this problem. Rather, I'll spend a lot of
> time trying to understand gpgme.

I see this sometimes, but it doesn't seem to be reproducible.  Esp, I see
this when I do funny things, like configuring in the source tree and in a
subdirectory (after a make distclean).  Something very strange must go on.
Usually starting with a fresh copy of the CVS repository works for me.  Can
you try if this fixes it for you?

Thanks,
Marcus

--