gnupg windows installer

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Jan 4 14:18:17 CET 2001

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 01:01:51PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
>
> > And it is not trivial. Please have a look on the installer
> Replacing one character by another is trivial.

Maybe, maybe not.
I don't know.
But I agree with Jan that gnupg under Windows should completly deal
with the windows standard characters for paths separation.

Is it possible for you to make the appropriate changes to gnupg?
Jan is really trying hard to get a nice installer and gpa/windows
integration done so we can address a wider audience.

> > modify InnoSetup. It is written in Delphi, a language I have
> > successfully avoided all my life :-)
> > I don't have a Compiler anyway.
>
> We must be able to compile InnoSetup - we simply can't rely on a
> binary produced by someone else.  There is no way around.

As we both discussed at a different place, this is definatly not
needed yet. And it is like using a 5 inch steel door for a paper house.

In the long run, we might have to buy the Delphi compiler then or
try NSS.

> Peter should know how to compile it using gpc.

AFAIR gpc cannot handle Delphi on Windows.
Free Pascal can do it to a certain extend.
Both is not feasble right now. So we would need to buy the
delphi compiler.

> > I am not sure why this all is a problem. Programs compiled
> > with gcc under Windows seem to have no problem with paths:
> > ls c:/gnupg/g*
> > works as well as
> > ls c:\gnupg\g*
>
> Because CreateFile does not care about it.

What does this mean for gnupg's ability to handle slashes and
backslashes? I cannot read the whole source code for this.

Best,
	Bernhard

The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            (www.fsfeurope.org)