gnupg windows installer

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jan 4 14:48:24 CET 2001

On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> But I agree with Jan that gnupg under Windows should completly deal
> with the windows standard characters for paths separation.

It does, however the Registry entry is something different.

> As we both discussed at a different place, this is definatly not
> needed yet. And it is like using a 5 inch steel door for a paper house.

I won't sign any stuff which I have not compiled on one of my boxes.
If it is not possible to compile InooSetup, it is not free software.
Someone has to fix it or we have to use something different.

> In the long run, we might have to buy the Delphi compiler then or

This is a Free Software projet and we don't use proprietary
compilers.  If we don't have the required tools, we have to rewrite
this stuff.

Just to stop this thread I will modify GnuPG to allow backslashes
in HomeDir.