gnupg windows installer

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan at intevation.de
Thu Jan 4 20:24:34 CET 2001

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 06:50:22PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
>
> > I am pretty sure that the majority of the Windows
> > user think \ is the correct and only path separator.
>
> Okay. let's forget about this.  GnuPG does now convert all
> backslashes used with --homedir or the registry entry.

thanks.

> > I will now further investigate why on my system (W2000) the registry is not
> > read, but it works on your system.
>
> Strange, try to check whether the other HKEY_ keys yield a result.

My freshly compiled gpg.exe reads the Registry entries
correctly when executed in a cygnus bash.
It does not read the Registry when executed in a DOS
shell.
Windows sucks. I will track this down tomorrow.

> > I am trying to compile gnupg 1.0.4 with
> > the Cygnus gcc.
>
> Arggg.  Isn't it possible for you to use MingW/32 on a Unix box -
> that is the way GnuPG is compiled for Windows.  The only thing I can
> do is to apply small patches for Cygwin but I can't test them and in
> general I do not think that it is a good idea to build the Windows
> version with different environments.

hm, will that cross compiler environment compile GTK applications as well?
(which is was I need for gpa)

> > For both the make process stops, because
> > the include files sys/ipc.h and sys/shm.h
> > are missing (compiling rndunix).
>
> Cygwin should not compile rndunix - it is *dangerous* to use, it may
> leak your secret key!  On Windows GnuPG MUST use rndw32.

was a mistake by myself. Now gnupg compiles and uses rndw32.

Cheers

	Jan

--
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/