Sorry to bother You again but...

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jan 31 16:25:09 CET 2001

On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 01:25:39AM +0100, zwk at f36.n480.z2.fidonet.org wrote:
> [...]
> > > Is it possible using with Gnu-PG to encrypt message for myself
> > > AND also simultaneously for the person I am sending it ?
> >
> >   Yes of course, you must use the default-recipient option,
> >   together with the -u option to encrypt to the person you are
> >   sending it.
> >

> > > May be I simply missed this option reading the Gnu-PG
> > > documentation, or I used incorrect syntax during many attempts
> > > trying to do it.
> >
> >   Use gpg --help | grep default. You can also set this up in the
> >   .gnupg/options file.

>     Sorry that bother You again, but I am helpless. I am slighly familiar
> with command-mode software, because I am still working under DOS, and
> my second environment is linux shell and sometimes X-Windows.
> I rejected Win98/x at the first look, and I not unhappy.
>
>     But returning to the matter, the gpg syntax is really heavy for me.

Yes, it is a complicated tool.
One option would be to wait for the GPA to be completed, which
can help you with most keyring operations.

Did you check the GPH, BTW?
http://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/manual.html

> I did a lot of attempts, and in the best case gpg said that I don't
> have secret key the person I am encrypting this message.

You do not need a secret key to encrypt for somebody.
You just need the public key.

> Would You be so kind and send me exact and proper syntax example
> which I modify and apply for my purses ?

Search for the .gnupg/options files.
Use any text editor to edit or create it, if it does not yet exit.
Add the following line in there:
	"encrypt-to yourname"
of course replace "yourname" with a canonicial part of the name of
your key.

>     I have also second question concering gpg for Win9x/2000:
> I did installation exactly I found in the dosc. So I created c:\gnupg
> directory and put all files in it. But gpg always says that is no pubrig
> and secring available. What's wrong ?

I don't know.
Did you try to import a key?
	Bernhard
The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            	  (fsfeurope.org)