GnuPG and PRNGs

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Jun 26 22:36:01 CEST 2001

 || On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 19:51:25 +0100
 || Andrew Marlow <apm35 at student.open.ac.uk> wrote:

 am> It seems to me that GnuPG is one of many programs that would benefit from
 am> the open source PRNG known as yarrow. I know it would create a dependency

We have a pretty good PRNG; there es no in-deep analysis of this kind
of PRNG but it is believed to be very good.

However, even the very best PRNG does help you if you can't seed
him properly - getting this seed is the hard taks and very system
specific.

Ciao,