symmetric encryption broken

L. Sassaman rabbi at quickie.net
Sun Mar 11 18:39:11 CET 2001

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Nathan Johnson wrote:

> No, --textmode was not specified on the command-line or in the options file.
>
> Has anyone on this list successfully used symmetric encryption?

Yes. I found several really obscure bugs with it, and reported them to
Werner... but for normal use purposes, you should have no problems at all.

__

L. Sassaman

Security Architect         |  "Belief is nearly the whole of the
Technology Consultant      |   Universe, whether based on truth or not."

http://sion.quickie.net    |                   --Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.