GPG agent for W32

Timo Schulz twoaday at freakmail.de
Mon May 7 21:43:01 CEST 2001

Hi,

after I searched an easy way to use GPG passphrase caching
under W32 I decided to port the GPG-Agent code. But there
was one problem. It uses Unix Domain Sockets and this kind
of sockets aren't supported by W32. I know this list isn't
about TCP questions, but this questions is also related to GPG.

As a solution I used a socket together with the loopback
interface 127.0.0.1. Now my question, in my opinion to use
the 'lo' device prevent users to connect to the used port
from the network. Do I miss something or is there a way to
connect from outside this machine?

Thanks in advance,
Timo

--