FreeBSD 4.3/building in tools directory Makefile issue?

Paul Covell pac at alum.mit.edu
Wed Sep 5 19:12:01 CEST 2001

When I extract gnupg-1.0.6 and successfully ./configure --prefix=/usr/local,
typing 'make' results in the following error:

make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/files/gnupg-1.0.6/tools'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `-lintl', needed by `mpicalc'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/files/gnupg-1.0.6/tools'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

--

I worked around this error by changing the line in tools/Makefile from

mpicalc bftest shmtest: $(needed_libs)
mpicalc bftest shmtest: $(filter-out -l%, $(needed_libs))

Since that relieves `make' of the requirement of actually finding
or building '-lintl'.

--
I hope this is useful to whoever maintains the makefiles.  I am not
subscribed to this list, so if you would like additional information

Thanks for your work!
-Paul