gpgme 0.3.3 questions

Stephane Corthesy stephane at sente.ch
Thu Sep 27 12:54:01 CEST 2001

> > - Which GpgmeData types can be read/written?
>
> All.

How is it possible to write GpgmeData initialized with
gpgme_data_new_with_read_cb(), with gpgme_data_new_from_file(), with
gpgme_data_new_from_filepart() ?
According to gpgme_data_new_from_mem() signature, buffer is
non-writable (const char *), thus this type should be non-writable if
copy is 0.

> > What's the point of returning 0, without being at EOF?
>
> It might choose to interrupt the read operation instead of waiting for
> more data.

I still don't understand why it would do this. Would it return an
error code?
If I ask for length, how can I sure that it returned me the real
length (up to EOF)?

/**
 * gpgme_data_rewind:
 * @dh: the data object
 *
 * Prepare the data object in a way, that a gpgme_data_read() does start
 * at the beginning of the data.  This has to be done for all types
 * of data objects.
 *
 * Return value: An error code or 0 on success
 **/

Do we really need to call rewind before ever trying to read a data?
If we just inited the data, we don't, do we?

In GpgmeRecipients, would it be possible to provide a function which
would return the validity assigned to a name contained in the
GpgmeRecipients instance?

BTW, here's another bug: it it not possible to retrieve fingerprints
for subkeys

Stephane