gpgme 0.3.3 questions

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Sep 28 16:58:01 CEST 2001

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:38:19 +0200, Stephane Corthesy said:

> If a GpgmeData has been created by gpgme_data_new_with_read_cb(),
> how can the user modify the contents of the GpgmeData? There is no
> write callback, only a read callback.

Indeed, it is missing.  There was no need for it yet.

> If a GpgmeData has been created by gpgme_data_new_from_mem() with
> copy=0, buffer is expected to be read-only (const char *), thus you
> cannot modify GpgmeData initialized that way, can you?

No: ...caller has to make sure that this buffer is valid until
gpgme_release_data() is called.

> When initializing GpgmeData from file, what would happen if you
> modify the resulting data? File wouldn't be modified, so GpgmeData
> should't be writable.

Depends on whther copy is set or not.  If it is not set, you should
not be able to change the data, or perhaps you can do that by modifying
the file directly (mmap-ing the file seems to be a good wayt to
implement it).

> Ok, I didn't check what information I could gather from
> GnupgOperationInfo. Will there be a way to set the micalg? And

Micalg is selected from the set of recipients, no need to specify it.

> encrypt algo?

Ditto.  I think it does _by now_ not make sense to implement every
feature GnuPG provides in GpgME.

Ciao,