Discrepancy between --edit-key and --with-colons lists

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Wed Apr 3 16:55:01 CEST 2002

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 06:23:28PM -0500, Michael Young wrote:

> [Forgive me if this has already been answered... I'm a "digest" subscriber.]
>
> Well, I answered my own question... uids are listed in DIFFERENT
> orders in the "--with-colons" and "--edit-key" lists.
> With "--edit-key", names appear to come out in keyring packet order.
> For "--with-colons", the most recently created name comes out first.

Not exactly the most recently created name.  In a "--list-keys"
listing, the primary user ID comes out first.  This is usually the
most recently created, but can also be any ID intentionally tagged as
primary.  This is the ID that gets the "." in a --edit listing.  I
suppose you could look for the dots :)

David

--
   David Shaw  |  dshaw at jabberwocky.com  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/