Key listing errors in GPGME 0.3.4

Gordon Worley redbird at rbisland.cx
Tue Apr 16 04:18:01 CEST 2002

On Monday, April 15, 2002, at 03:59  PM, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 03:00:14PM -0400, Gordon Worley wrote:
>> Under previous versions of GPGME, there was a bug where some keys would
>> not list.  The error is that the key returns with no name and e-mail
>> address, even though they show up fine at the command line when running
>> gpg.  The problem just got a lot worse.  The machine I'm on has 66 keys
>> in GnuPG's public keyring, but only 9 of them list correctly!  The rest
>> lack a name and e-mail address when returned through GPGME.
>>
>> I considered a trust issue, but my default key doesn't display
>> correctly
>> anymore either.
>>
>> I'm running GPGME 0.3.4 and GnuPG 1.0.6.
>>
>> Any ideas what's causing this and fixes?
>
> We need some more information.  Do the keys display fine when running
> gpg as
> gpgme runs it, eg --with-colons --fixed-list-mode --with-fingerprint
> --list-keys

Yes, they both list fine.  I found the bug, and it was in our code.
Oops.

GPGME 0.3.4 now returns the expiration date.  The problem was that we
didn't have the proper error code installed to catch the case when no
expiration date existed.  Also, I see that whatever the problem was with
GPGME not reading the name and e-mail of some keys is gone (that's what
I initially thought that this was, until further investigation).  All
and all, a win win situation.

--
Gordon Worley                     `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty
http://www.rbisland.cx/            said, `it means just what I choose