Key listing errors in GPGME 0.3.4

Marcus Brinkmann Marcus.Brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Apr 15 22:59:01 CEST 2002

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 03:00:14PM -0400, Gordon Worley wrote:
> Under previous versions of GPGME, there was a bug where some keys would
> not list.  The error is that the key returns with no name and e-mail
> address, even though they show up fine at the command line when running
> gpg.  The problem just got a lot worse.  The machine I'm on has 66 keys
> in GnuPG's public keyring, but only 9 of them list correctly!  The rest
> lack a name and e-mail address when returned through GPGME.
>
> I considered a trust issue, but my default key doesn't display correctly
> anymore either.
>
> I'm running GPGME 0.3.4 and GnuPG 1.0.6.
>
> Any ideas what's causing this and fixes?

We need some more information.  Do the keys display fine when running gpg as
gpgme runs it, eg --with-colons --fixed-list-mode --with-fingerprint
--list-keys

If that works, it might be a parsing error in gpgme.  You could debug the
keylist_colon_handler function.  If that works, it might still be an
encoding issue.  I think some fields might be in UTF 8 and some escape mode
(and are not unescaped as they should).

You could also give us more info about the problem you see. Do the lists not
show up at all?  Or are they just corrupted?  It's not clear from your
description above what you are seeing.

Thanks,
Marcus

--