Photo ID & GUIs

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Apr 22 10:03:01 CEST 2002

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002 17:47:41 -0400, David Shaw said:

> On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 06:04:19PM -0300, Renato Martini wrote:

>> the patch, and now the 1.0.6e source code.  I generate a new keyring
>> with photo id, but the GUIs availables (GPA, Seahorse...) don't work

It is quite likely that it does not work with GPA because the
developers didn't read the documentation of the colon delimited format
closely enough.  Don't know about seahorse but as it uses gpgme we can
fix it there if it really turns out to be a problem.

> Unlikely.  The photo id data does not change the keyring format.
> However, GnuPG 1.0.6e itself does change the keyring format so that
> 1.0.6 will no longer read it (this is discussed in the release notes).

BTW, Debian's latest updates of GnuPG 1.0.6 fixed that problem, so you
should be able to use an 1.0.7 modified keyring with that 1.0.6.