gaim-e

Eric M Krause w0d3n at mobile.krauseland.com
Wed Aug 21 15:42:04 CEST 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 21:17, Janusz A. Urbanowicz wrote:
> Eric Krause wrote/napisał[a]/schrieb:
> > Gents,
>
> > I would just like to thank you all for your hard work with gpgme and gpg.
> > I've recently converted gaim-e to using gpgme for all of it's gpg love.
> > It makes things so easy and clean.  If any of you use gaim and would like
> > encrypted instant messages, please give gaim-e a look.
>
> Which protocol do you encrypt?

Right now we are using gpg for the key transfer, and then we use rc5
from there.  I guess that will follow into my next question:  We are
trying to add more functionality to gaim-e.  Right now the rc5 code was
written by the original developer.  It has serious endian issues.  Is
there a library that is as easy to use as gpgme out there that could do
rc5, rc6, twofish, blowfish etc?

> If Jabbewr, is it compatible with gpg encryption from gabber?
I didn't know that gabber did gpg.  I was under the impression that
gabber was done with ssl.  If you have any information about this, it
would be appreciated.  I know that being able to work with gabber is my
biggest request.

peace
emk