GPGME import

Marcus Brinkmann Marcus.Brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jan 30 02:23:01 CET 2002

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 09:41:47AM -0500, Gordon Worley wrote:
> GPGME imports keys just fine.  I read in data from a file and then GPGME
> will import the key data, if any, without a hitch.  The problem is when
> I pass invalid OpenPGP data into GPGME.  Basically, it doesn't
> complain.

You are correct.  This part of GPGME is quite incomplete (if you look into
gpgme/import.c, you will see that the status handler is just a dummy).

Same problem for export, delete, and partially for genkey.  That requires
more work, I am not sure if gpg is providing the necessary information.  If
it does, it will be quite easy to fill this in, if it doesn't, it needs to
be fixed first.

Thanks,
Marcus

--