trouble loading modules

Brian M. Carlson karlsson at hal-pc.org
Tue Jul 2 22:45:03 CEST 2002

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 11:53:51PM -0400, David Shaw wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 11:30:58PM +0000, Brian M. Carlson wrote:
> > I have compiled the skipjack and idea modules (I'm not planning on using
> > them, I just compiled them; I'm doing work with dynamic loading) and ran
> > the following command line:
> > bmc at stonewall:/tmp$ gpg --disable-cipher-algo IDEA --load-extension
> > ./skipjack --load-extension ./idea --version
>
> Try this:
>
> gpg --load-extension ./skipjack --load-extension ./idea --disable-cipher-algo IDEA --version
>
> This is the same command line with the --disable-cipher-algo placed
> after the --load-extension.

Ok. I think that the order of command line arguments should not matter,
and that a command line argument directed toward on algo should not
affect another.

There's also a slight problem that if you have the line
"disable-cipher-algo IDEA" in your options file like I do, then neither
extension will load.

BTW, wasn't there a disable-digest-algo option at some time in the past?
It doesn't exist now. There's only pubkey and cipher. I'm only asking
about it's status.

--
Brian M. Carlson <karlsson at hal-pc.org> <http://decoy.wox.org/~bmc> 0x560553E7
Well begun is half done.