GnuPG 1.1.90 released

Ian Jackson ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Wed Jul 3 20:00:02 CEST 2002

Werner Koch writes ("Re: GnuPG 1.1.90 released"):
> So for what do you all use the extension mechanism right now?  And why
> should we not compile everything in and have a mechanism to throw more
> modules into the build process?

In another life I work for a manufacturer of crypto HSMs - ie,
hardware devices for preventing keys from being stolen while still
allowing applications to use them.

If the the plugin interface doesn't map to plugin solely based on
OpenPGP algorithm number for the relevant private key, then it could
be very useful in providing (eg) a smartcard-enabled GnuPG.

Ian.