GnuPG 1.1.90 released

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Jul 3 21:02:01 CEST 2002

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002 18:00:45 +0100 (BST), Ian Jackson said:

> If the the plugin interface doesn't map to plugin solely based on
> OpenPGP algorithm number for the relevant private key, then it could

The plugin interface is only used for symmetric ciphers and hashs.

> be very useful in providing (eg) a smartcard-enabled GnuPG.

All in the works and actually we have a gpgsm (the S/MIME variant of
gpg) working with PKCS-15 cards.  Eventually gpg will use the same
infrastructure.  That's the plan for gnupg 2.0.

Then we can of course talk about security issues regarding passing
passphrases/PIN and session keys over Unix domain sockets or pipes.

Salam-Shalom,