gpgme license

Robert J. Hansen rjhansen at inav.net
Sat Jul 20 12:21:01 CEST 2002

> for example binary distributions which are to be distributed under a
> BSD license.

Please phrase this correctly: binary-_only_ distributions for which source
code will not be made available because the BSD license allows it.

If someone wants to do Free Software/open-source development, this is no
problem at all.  It's only a problem if someone wants the code to go
proprietary at some point.

I'm not a GPL zealot.  I just think that if the guy who's writing the code
is giving you the source code, is giving you unlimited use rights,
unlimited distribution rights, his only requirement is you have to share
the code, too... then the guy who's writing the code ain't doing you
nothing but right.

--
Geek Code: GAT d- s+:+ a27 C++(+++)$ ULB++>++++ P++ L+++>++++ E W+ N+ w
           PS+ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t+ 5++ X-- R tv b+++ DI++ D--- G+ e++ h*