gpgme 0.3.8: 3 questions, 2 bugs & 1 request

Stéphane Corthésy stephane at sente.ch
Wed Jul 24 22:51:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

While updating MacGPG's Objective-C wrapper for gpgme 0.3.8, I
encountered some problems. Some time ago I sent the list a patch to help
gpgme compile on MacOS X, and now I have some questions on gpgme, as
well as bugs to report, and a request for gpgme 0.3.9.

First, the questions: gpgme introduced some new calls which are yet
undocumented.
- What are the IO callbacks used for? In which cases should I use them?
- What is the GpgmeDataEncoding used for? In which cases should I use it?
- What are the following new key attributes, GPGME_ATTR_SERIAL,
GPGME_ATTR_ISSUER, GPGME_ATTR_CHAINID, GPGME_ATTR_ERRTOK? Are they used
only for S/MIME keys?

Now, two bugs:
- The new function gpgme_op_keylist_ext_start() doesn't behave the same
way as gpgme_op_keylist_start() when we pass it only one pattern. In
case we pass only one pattern, the empty string, the result is an empty
key list, whereas if we use the empty string pattern for
gpgme_op_keylist_start(), we obtain all keys.
- The ownerTrust attribute is not listed by gpgme_key_get_as_xml()

Finally, here's a request: I need to be able to set the --charset option
when performing an operation; currently, gpgme doesn't set it, and gpg
uses the charset defined in the options file. This is a very important
feature for me, which can be easily implemented. I need to be able to
pass the --charset option only once fo each gpg invocation, even if gpg
would accept multiple different --charset options.

Cheers and keep on the good work,

Stéphane