1.0.7 ldap problems

Andrew Marlow apm35 at student.open.ac.uk
Thu Jul 25 14:02:02 CEST 2002

dshaw at jabberwocky.com writes:
>On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 04:41:27PM +0200, Nico Schottelius wrote:
>> Can somebody point out where exactly the problem is why gnupg does not
>compile?
>
>You need to upgrade your OpenLDAP to a more recent version.  GnuPG 1.2
>(when it is released) is able to deal with very old OpenLDAP installs,
>but 1.0.7 needs a modern version.

I also found this problem and found that the later versions of openLDAP
seem to require a more recent version of Berkely DB than I had. It would,
IMO, be useful if the GNUPG web page mentioned some of these dependencies.
Still, after updating BDB and LDAP I found that GNUPG built ok. Good luck !

Regards,

Andrew Marlow.