gpgme 0.3.8

Stéphane Corthésy stephane at sente.ch
Fri Jul 26 17:18:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

On Thursday, July 25, 2002, at 08:01  PM, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 11:40:47AM +0200, Stéphane Corthésy wrote:
I tried to compile gpgme 0.3.8 on MacOS X, but I failed to compile it
out-of-the-box :-(

I hope it works better now ;)

I can't test it now, because I can't generate the automake files on
MacOS X; I need to wait for gpgme 0.3.9.

Basically, there are no vasprintf() and asprintf() functions on MacOS X;
I tried using the replacement you provide (it was not part of 0.3.8
distro, but I found it in the repository), but it doesn't work: even the
test suite on vasprintf() fails:

I fixed and updated the replacement, can you please try the new
version?  If
that doesn't work either, it might be because of using memcpy instead
va_copy.  If that is the case, we have a problem ;) [well, nothing
critical,
but it would be nice to see it working now, as this is the version of
vasprintf used in libiberty, too]

It still doesn't work: memcpy() is probably the problem. va_copy()
doesn't exist on MacOS X.

I added a fix to the makefile that should make vasprintf part of the
distribution, and add it to the objects linked into the library, too, can
you please verify this?

Unable to test it until gpgme 0.3.9 goes out.

BTW, it seems to me we shouldn't add vasprintf like this, because it
will be
exported to applications, and that might collide with a private vasprintf
that is not compatible.  Well, hopefully nobody does that :)

(Note that the prototype of vasprintf() in gpgme/util.h is wrong;

Indeed.

There are also #include problems in gpgme/ath-pth.c and ath-pthread.c:
instead of #including <malloc.h> (which doesn't exist on MacOS X; we
have <sys/malloc.h>), I need to #include <stdlib.h>.

Fixed, thanks.

In fact, on MacOS X we use only ath-pthread.c, as we have pthread
support.

During compilation there were also some #warnings which should be
corrected:

All of them fixed, thanks.