no 'look-at-keydata'-like command

Frank Tobin ftobin at neverending.org
Fri Jun 14 21:21:01 CEST 2002

Peter Palfrader <peter at palfrader.org> pointed this out to me.

It seems that in GnuPG, there is no way to do the following using an
explicit command:

$ gpg --verbose --with-colons << EOF
EOF

I.e. analysing a key before adding it to the keyring.

In other words, there is nothing like 'gpg --decrypt' or 'gpg --verify'
that allows me to achieve same functionality that GnuPG enters into when
it encounteres keydata its 'no command' mode.

The reason this is a problem is because, IMO, it's 'dirty' to use the 'no
command' dispatcher when I want to tell GnuPG explicitly how to handle the
data.

--
Frank Tobin			http://www.neverending.org/~ftobin/