Interoperability: GnuPG 1.0.6, PGP 7.1.1

Robert J. Hansen rjhansen at inav.net
Mon Jun 17 05:01:01 CEST 2002

Problem with key interoperability, guys.  On a Windows 2K box I have both
PGP 7.1.1 and GnuPG 1.0.6 installed.  My key works fine in GnuPG 1.0.6.

I exported the key with `gpg --armor --export-secret-key rjhansen >
secret.asc'.  No problem; I get a nice ASCII-armored block.  When I try to
import that into PGP 7.1.1, I get a strange "No data found" error.  On the
key import screen, it shows a key with a blank UID.  Once the key is
imported, I can sign with it, but not decrypt.

I have recreated this bug on a WinXP box with GnuPG 1.0.7 and PGP 7.1.1.

Can anyone tell me if this is a known problem?  If so, what's the fix?