gpg --status-fd problems

Jeffrey Stedfast fejj at ximian.com
Sat Jun 22 23:49:02 CEST 2002

I'm trying to write a library that wraps gpg to
sign/encrypt/decrypt/verify/etc and I'm having some trouble with the
status-fd.

It seems that operations requiring a passphrase require me to send the
passphrase and close the passphrase fd BEFORE gpg will send me a
USERID_HINT and/or NEED_PASSPHRASE status message over the status-fd
pipe. Is this the desired behavior? If so, what's the use? I was hoping
that I'd get USERID_HINT and NEED_PASSPHRASE status messages BEFORE
having to prompt my users for a passphrase.

Is gpg perhaps not flushing its streams?

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.