GPGME GpgmeTrustItem -- What is this?

Marcus Brinkmann Marcus.Brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Mar 5 00:09:02 CET 2002

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 05:32:32PM -0800, John Anderson wrote:
> My question is about the GpgmeTrustItem type in gpgme.  What the heck is
> this?  I understand contexts, data handles, keys, and all that, but I
> can't garner what these trust items are and what they would do.  Is this
> to establish a web-of-trust data structure?  What is it, and how is it
> used?

Yes, it is supposed to provide information about the validity of a key, or
the amount of trust the user has assigned to it.

Feel free to leave this interface out for now (or do it when everything else
is done): It is experimental (as documented in the manual, which you have
certainly read :), and probably subject to change.

The whole key management interface in gpgme still needs to evolve a bit
more...

Thanks,
Marcus

--