GnuPG for Win32

Dmitry Bely dbely at mail.ru
Tue May 21 10:54:01 CEST 2002

Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> writes:

>> I have a 68-line diff file to patch the stock gnupg-1.0.7.tar.gz to
>> build a mingw32 executable in the standard cygwin environment.  It
>
> Thanks but it does not make sense to use this because GnuPG builds
> fine as a native Windows program.  The Cygwin32 version may lead not
> serious interoperabilty problems when used by other programs expecting
> a plain Windows binary.

Where have you seen a Cygwin32 version? He was talking about the patches
that would let building Mingw32 version with the native Win32 tools
(Mingw32 compiler is included into Cygwin distribution). The fact that
Mingw version of GnuPG cannot be build under Windows out-of-the-box (and so
Windows users cannot participate in its debugging/development) looks
strange to me if not to say more...

Hope to hear from you soon,
Dmitry