A modified version of GnuPG

Florian Weimer Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
Wed May 22 21:21:01 CEST 2002

"Max V. Zinal" <Zlat0 at mail.ru> writes:

> When I said "secure memory" I was going to say "VirtualLock under
> Windows  NT/2000/XP",  which keeps you absolutely safe unless you
> have  a  Terminal  Server  with  an  evil-minded admin, or remote
> desktop    connection    with    'Debug' privileges.

not prevent memory from being paged to disk, but only from being paged
to disk and then discarded.

In fact, the MSDN documentation available online carefully avoids the
claim that the specified memory region is never written to disk.

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/