A modified version of GnuPG

Max V. Zinal Zlat0 at mail.ru
Thu May 23 18:12:01 CEST 2002

Wednesday, May 22, 2002, 1:10:29 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:

FW> not prevent memory from being paged to disk, but only from being paged
FW> to disk and then discarded.

FW> In fact, the MSDN documentation available online carefully avoids the
FW> claim that the specified memory region is never written to disk.

Yes, that's true, and that was my mistake. The only excuse for me
is the following phrase in "VirtualLock" manual:

        "The  VirtualLock  function locks the specified region of
        the process's virtual address space into physical memory,
        ensuring  that  subsequent  access to the region will not
        incur a page fault."

I think that I can write a small dummy device driver for NT-based
system  that  will  allow  a person with administrative rights to
allocate  a non-pageable region of memory. It will take some time,
I  think,  because  I will have to find DDK distribution for that
purposes.  Such task isn't too complex, although it will not work
under 9x-based systems.

I'm sorry for inconvenience.

Best regards,
        Max V. Zinal