A modified version of GnuPG

Dmitri dmitri at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 23 18:32:01 CEST 2002

On Thu, 2002-05-23 at 08:06, Max V. Zinal wrote:

> I think that I can write a small dummy device driver for NT-based
> system  that  will  allow  a person with administrative rights to
> allocate  a non-pageable region of memory.

The driver does not need anyone's permission, it has full access to
everything in the kernel. But only administrator can install a driver.
Then the driver can impose any security restrictions on its use.

> It will take some time,
> I  think,  because  I will have to find DDK distribution for that
> purposes.

void *ExAllocatePool(NonPagedPool, <length>);

> Such task isn't too complex

300 lines of code, maybe. You will need to handle
IRP_MJ_{CREATE,CLOSE,READ,WRITE}. But the architecture of Win2K WDM
drivers is not really straightforward; if you never did it before then
you got some reading to do ;-)

Dmitri