Batch mode

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri May 31 13:53:01 CEST 2002

On Fri, 31 May 2002 10:02:13 +0100 (BST), Chris Wilson said:

> Hi all,
> There are a number of operations which are not currently supported in
> batch mode. They include:

> - key generation

There is batch ke generation - see doc/DETAILS.

> - key signing
> - key deletion

This can't be done easily.  You need to present a lot of information
to the user so that he can decide wehther to sign or not.  Those
information vary from key to key and thus it can't be scripted.

We are working on a GPGME interface to do ease it up.  You may have
noticed problems with GPA when you don't use a standard key or use gpg
1.0.7.  This is due to a too simple approach to handle these
operations.

> I would be happy to write patches to add this functionality, but my past
> e-mails, suggestions and patches sent to this list have been
> completely

Sorry, That happens from time to time.  There is also the issue that
we need legal papers to include non-trivial patches.

Shalom-Salam,