Antwort: Stray null butes in output of GnuPG from --edit-key? (was: Re: Stray null bytes in output data object from gpgme_op_edit()?

Dr.Stefan.Dalibor at bfa.de Dr.Stefan.Dalibor@bfa.de
Wed Nov 6 03:06:03 CET 2002

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 11:46:52AM +0200, Dr.Stefan.Dalibor@bfa.de wrote:
> gpgme_op_edit was introduced to make porting GPA to GPGME possible
without
> designing all the abstractions that would be needed to provide all
features
> GPA needs in a clean way.  So it's sort of private to GPA for now.

That's what I thought... I stopped using it anyway (after finding out
it wouldn't get me to the signatures of keys in the keyring :).

> Mmh, this seems to be rather an issue with gpg.  I did the following:
> sub:^@:2048:16:B8DD92EDC3AF90C1:926611830:0::^@:
> The ^@ above are binary zeros as displayed by less.
>
> Are those the binary zeros you are talking about?

Yes, exactly!  I didn't notice it at that time, but after pulling the old
version
of my program it turns out that the null bytes seem to be always in field 2
and 9 of the subkey-lines.

Cheers,
Stefan