Keyserver communication

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Tue Nov 5 20:09:03 CET 2002

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 01:51:23PM -0500, Jason Harris wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 04:38:56PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 06:33:29PM +0300, Vit Sykacek wrote:
>
> > > could anyone tell me please, if gpgme supports keyserver communication ?
> > > I read documentation, but there is no function for it.
> >
> > It doesn't.  I think the plan is to have helper programs for that.
>
> Invoking gpgkeys_ldap to fetch keys is pretty easy:
>
>   http://galileo.spaceports.com/~jharris/code/lget.asc
>   http://galileo.spaceports.com/~jharris/code/lget
>   http://galileo.spaceports.com/~jharris/code/
>   http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-devel/2002-September/012695.html
>
> gpgkeys_hkp doesn't seem to be built as a standalone program (in 1.2.1),
> however, so you'll be limited in the keyservers you can access until
> you have it:

GnuPG 1.2.1 does HKP internally, so it does not need to build
gpgkeys_hkp.  However, if you want it built anyway, you can go to the
keyserver/ directory and run "make gpgkeys_hkp".

You can also use ./configure --enable-external-hkp which makes GnuPG
use gpgkeys_hkp.

David

--
   David Shaw  |  dshaw at jabberwocky.com  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/