free software

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Oct 18 18:55:02 CEST 2002

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:59:30 +0100, Matthew Byng-Maddick said:

> IMLE, developing for windows is a pain, because some of the semantics
> actually appear to conflict with POSIX, on occasion. I admit that this may

Windows users please repeat: A file descriptor is not a file
descriptor and it gets mapped to yet another one at random places :-)

The nice thing with the cross-compiler is that it can be used to hide
many of the Windows unportabilties from the regular source.  We are
currently working on using GNU's libio with mingw32/cpd - it will make
things much smoother (e.g. fdopen).  Probably bad luck for MSC users.

Shalom-Salam,