gnupg 1.2.1 release candidate

Volker Quetschke quetschke at scytek.de
Sun Oct 20 13:37:01 CEST 2002

Hi Oleg,
>>It  doesn't  break  on  cygwin! Use setup.exe from cygwin to get the
>>source  and  the  patches!  (It's still marked test, choose "Exp" in
>>category Utils.
>
> I have just downloaded that patch and applied it - everything compiles
> now :) Thanks.
>
> BTW, I used gcc 3.2 and everything looks healthy....
Good, my last build was still using 2.95!

> So, here are a few questions:
> -- who created these patches?
> -- who maintains them?
That's me ;-) (Cygwin gnupg maintainer)

> -- where does one find the info about them?
What do you want to know?
If you want the patch without the files from autoconf, automake, etc. have
a look at /usr/doc/Cygwin/gnupg.README:
---
   - To get the developers patch, i.e. the patch to the original sources
     without autoconfiscation type:
     $ cd /usr/src
     $ ./gnupg-1.2.0-X.sh prep
     $ ./gnupg-1.2.0-X.sh devmkpatch

     This will create the patchfile in:
       /usr/src/gnupg-1.2.0/.sinst/gnupg-1.2.0-X.dev.patch
---

> -- why haven't the patches been merged into the main release?
Ask Werner, he promised to merge them/create own patches after the 1.2.0 release.

>    (older versions compiled perfectly under cygwin.....)
Yes, the compiled, but they were not cygwin applications but a mix
between mingw32 and cygwin. Cygwin needs POSIX compliance with "/" and the mounted
drives to a root file system and Mingwin is native windows with drive letters,
backslash "\" and the "normal" windows behavior.

Bye
    Volker

--
PGP/GPG key  (ID: 0x9F8A785D)  available  from  wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
key-fingerprint 550D F17E B082 A3E9 F913  9E53 3D35 C9BA 9F8A 785D