gnupg 1.2.1 release candidate

Oleg Smolsky o.smolsky at xtra.co.nz
Sun Oct 20 11:48:02 CEST 2002

Hello Volker,

19 Oct 2002, 20:35:24, you wrote:
>>> appreciate if people with build problems on 1.2.0 can try this one
>>> out. ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/gnupg/gnupg-1.2.1rc1.tar.gz
>> I've  just  tried  compiling  tit  under  the latest cygwin, and it
>> breaks in an identical fashion to v1.2.0:
> It  doesn't  break  on  cygwin! Use setup.exe from cygwin to get the
> source  and  the  patches!  (It's still marked test, choose "Exp" in
> category Utils.
I have just downloaded that patch and applied it - everything compiles
now :) Thanks.

BTW, I used gcc 3.2 and everything looks healthy....

So, here are a few questions:
-- who created these patches?
-- who maintains them?
-- where does one find the info about them?
-- why haven't the patches been merged into the main release?
   (older versions compiled perfectly under cygwin.....)

Best regards,
Oleg.