Showing fingerprint on verbose key imports

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Oct 24 13:21:03 CEST 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:23:38 -0400, Joel N Weber said:

> While that is true, I thought --status-fd is not supposed to be the UI
> used by end users, so I'm inclined to believe that perhaps some change
> should probably be made to the normal UI that you get with no special

I can't see a reason why one want to import a key and compare a
fingerprint.  To me that seems to be a bit too much work for no real
value - you have to compare the fingerprint again when you are going
to sign that key or make it ulitmately trusted.

Bulk import of keys to a trusted keyring is probably something you
want to do with a script.

Shalom-Salam,