GPGME on win32.

Dr.Stefan.Dalibor at bfa.de Dr.Stefan.Dalibor at bfa.de
Thu Sep 26 13:40:01 CEST 2002

Hi,
are you sure GPGME can be built with MinGW/CPD and works under M$ w/o
some Unix emulation layer (e.g. Cygwin)??
That would be extremely helpful, as I just started the tedious and
boring job of writing my own pipe-driven interface module :)!

I tried (MinGW/CPD 0.3.1, gpgme-0.3.11) and GPGME fails to compile in
the assuan subdirectory (pid_t missing, trying to access glibc-specific
stream facilities according to comments in the sources - I stopped
investigating after this).

I had already asked for a MinGW version of gpgme on 2002-09-06, but
noone answered... I concluded that the way gpgme implements process
control (AFAIK it uses select()) is generally incompatible with a plain
M$ runtime environment.

Stefan