GPGME on win32.

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Sep 26 15:25:02 CEST 2002

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:27:58 +0200, Stefan Dalibor said:

> Hi,
> are you sure GPGME can be built with MinGW/CPD and works under M$ w/o
> some Unix emulation layer (e.g. Cygwin)??

It used to work.  Frankly I wrote gpgme for the Sylpheed port to
Windows.  I have not tested it for some time but we will make it work
again.

> I tried (MinGW/CPD 0.3.1, gpgme-0.3.11) and GPGME fails to compile in
> the assuan subdirectory (pid_t missing, trying to access glibc-specific
> stream facilities according to comments in the sources - I stopped
> investigating after this).

Assuan has not yet been ported to Windows.  However you don't need it
for OpenPGP; it is currently only used for out S/MIME backend.  I see
that I can make it work again.

> I had already asked for a MinGW version of gpgme on 2002-09-06, but
> noone answered... I concluded that the way gpgme implements process
> control (AFAIK it uses select()) is generally incompatible with a plain
> M$ runtime environment.

There is a gpgme/posix-io.c and a gpgme/w32-io.c.  Marcus did quite
some changes to the IO stuff so it was likely that the Windows version
broke ;-)

Salam-Shalom,